Thursday, November 21, 2013

Orchard CMS WebAPI Module

I'm evaluating Orchard CMS for a proof of concept at work.  The one missing piece, at least that I haven't found out of the box, is an API that let me get certain data.  In this case I want a list of pages that I've created.  I've seen this post about creating a controller with API:

Orchard CMS And ASP.NET Web API

but I wasn't sure how to pull it together until I re-read, "I created a module, called Sunkist.ContactManager".  Ok, how do you do that, the post didn't quite explain that part, as that wasn't the intent.  And then I came across this post on another blog:

OrchardProject + WebApi = interesting

I'm hoping with these two pieces I'll be able to create a hook into Orchard that will allow me to do exactly what I want.  I'm hoping that something like this we'll be native in the future.  It seems like a fundamental aspect of a CMS.  Either way I'm enjoying using Orchard and hope we can adopt it at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment